Hot mulled wine was another big hit when it came to Christmas 2014. This recipe takes a humdrum bottle of regular red wine and ads some sparkle and glamour. Serve this to your guests at a party, and they’ll clamor for another glass faster than you can serve it! Mulled wine works great at fall and winter events, when everyone wants to warm up with a hot drink.
What you need:
1 standard bottle of red table wine (no need to reach for the expensive stuff, a $5 bottle of standard red will do)
2 tablespoons of fresh ginger paste (think the kind you find in the vegetable aisle of the grocery)
3 cinnamon sticks
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup of grapefruit juice
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 large pot
1. Place pot on a range with low heat. Do not set above a level 2.
2. Empty bottle of wine into pot
3. Slice orange into large slices and add to wine
4. Add cinnamon sticks, ginger, lemon juice, and grapefruit juice.
5. Cover pot
6. Stir occasionally until mixture is blended.
7. Spoon into glasses and serve immediately, while wine is still warm
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
There you go! A warm, creative, hot, fancy drink in just a few minutes!