For the recent holiday, I got a little bit creative in the kitchen. We invited my parents over for a simple Christmas dinner on the 25th, but I didn’t want it to be the typical night at home. I took a look at my menu and decided to kick it up a few notches in the appetizer department.
One way I did that was with bacon wrapped water chestnuts.
It’s a simple appetizer that packs big punches on flavor and presentation. Serve these at your next party, event, or workplace potluck and I guarantee you’ll have folks raving.
What you need:
1 package of pepper smoked bacon (get the good stuff here, don’t scrimp)
1 10oz can of water chestnuts
1 box of toothpicks
1 jar of pre-made honey mustard
1 large cookie sheet (do not grease)
1. Slice a bacon strip into thirds.
2. Wrap one section of bacon around 1-2 water chestnuts.
3. Secure wrapped chestnuts with a toothpick.
4. Place wrapped chestnuts onto cookie sheet.
5. Repeat as necessary, until cookie sheet is full.
6. Bake at 350 degrees until bacon has crispy edge, roughly 25-30 minutes
7. Plate and serve with a small bowl of honey mustard.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25-30 min
I hope you enjoy. My guests loved it, especially my husband (he has a love affair with bacon). Simple and chic. That’s all you need when it comes to entertaining!